You'll have visitors from coast visiting your website with Coastal
Africa Open Data and Internet Research Foundation in Partnership with the International Transparency Initiative and supported by the United Nations Development Program and operated and taught by Secured Tech Solution is organizing three workshops and a hackathon in three regions of Ghana, Accra, Ho and Kumasi. Funding also helps to preserve the coast of Africa with the help of Enviormental Group, CA Newsfeed.
What will the program involve?
The program has been designed to have two main segments:
Module I: An awareness creating module that will create awareness of the availability of IATI Data.
Module 2: Hackathon module to create interesting applications for accessing and using IATA Data.
The IATI data awareness raising workshops will take place in three cities in Ghana and Two days (36 hours) will be spent on the Hackathon.
Where will the events under the Program take place?
1. Accra: Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT (August 9, 2018) Agenda
2. Ho, World Vision International Conference Facility (August 23, 2018)
3. Kumasi: KNUST University of Science and Technology (September 4, 2018)
- Accra: Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT, (September 7-8, 2018)
Who will be involved in the program
This data awareness workshops and hackathon will bring together a diverse set of government representatives, Maine Web Designers, stakeholders in the data ecosystems, business professionals, students, developer communities, media, innovators, MDA’s MMDA’s etc to discover and discuss the use of IATI data, including exploring how new technologies and approaches that can be used to strengthen the use of data for good decision making.
Expected Outcomes of the Program
Expected outcomes of the program are as follows:
- Awareness - Expose stakeholders to the relevance of data and visualization in reporting stories
- Awareness - Stories will be published on the IATI site, and other relevant sites depending on the subject matter
- Data Visualizations - This will bring out key problems and opportunities in the selected sectors of the Ghanaian economy.
- Applications - The best application will be selected and sponsored into an accelerator program for a period for mentoring.
- Capacity Building - Build the capacity of the best programmers in data analysis and visualizations.
Hack for digital Ghana is a general effort by the Africa Open Data and Internet Foundation (AODIRF), International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI), and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to identify and support innovative solutions to address challenges of developmental programs:
Why should you participate?
The support we provide you
Because YOUR idea can make a difference in building a sustainable Ghana for all through a sustainable application.
IATI Hack for digital Ghana will take care of you (including meals, snacks and drinks) and will boost your idea by giving you access to a variety of crucial resources.
your idea by giving you access to a variety of crucial resources.
Connection to the open data ecosystem.
Participants from all around the Ghana
Inspiring workspace to focus 100% on ideating and prototyping your solution! Process facilitators.
Tools & operational support* from innovation experts and entrepreneurs.
Access to International aid datasets.
Feedback from topical experts from IATI, UNDP AND AODIRF.
Technical and IT Support.